a. The surface of the front of the head from the top of the forehead to the base of the chin and from ear to ear.
b. A person: We saw many new faces on the first day of classes.
2. A person's countenance: a happy face.
4. Facial cosmetics: put one's face on.
5. Outward appearance: the modern face of the city.
a. Value or standing in the eyes of others; prestige: lose face.
b. Self-assurance; confidence: The team managed to maintain a firm face even in times of great adversity.
7. Effrontery; impudence: had the face to question my judgment.
8. The most significant or prominent surface of an object, especially:
f. An exposed, often precipitous surface of rock.
a. The surface presented to view; the front.
b. A façade.
c. Outer surface: the face of the earth.
d. A marked side: the face of a clock; the face of a playing card.
e. The right side, as of fabric.
|Morning Sky Creations|
9. A planar surface of a geometric solid.
10. Any of the surfaces of a rock or crystal.
11. The end, as of a mine or tunnel, at which work is advancing.
12. The appearance and geologic surface features of an area of land; topography.
a. A typeface or range of typefaces.
b. The raised printing surface of a piece of type.